Monday, November 17, 2008

First Day of Work

I have spent 8 hours in BlueScope Steel...

Well, I was late 30 minutes, yet was not scolded but still being accepted. Well, I was introduced to everyone. Well, I got my uniform. Well, I didn't do much work today. Well, lots of people whom I asked for help has helped. Well, the "boss", Mr Bruno, is friendly. Well, I had friends that I already know working with me as interns. Well, we had our own personal room.. ( Cause, there's no more space for us, thus they stuffed us into a meeting room and made it the "internship" room...). Well, we had vouchers for lunch at the cafeteria (no need pay as much for lunch!!). Well, we had a very willing to help senior who explained almost everything to us.. Well, I had the chance to overnight at a friend's place, with dinner provided. Well, everything was good..

But.. I still feel sad.. Perhaps the homesickness is kicking in from time to time.. Being a high I person, I do feel emotional waves striking me from time to time. At times at the office, I feel so sad. Not cause there's too much thing to do, but just sad. If you ask me whether I'm ok to sit in the office for 8 to 10 hours straight, I'm all good, as my studies already have required me to do so at times. Still i feel homesicky... If you ask me whether moving out to stay alone in Sunway is a problem, I won't feel so. But staying at Klang, working at Kapar, this challenge is a bit too much for me..

Perhaps the Lord wants me to be out of my comfort zone, to train me for a higher cause. I don't know. I just somehow feel weak and sad. But I really have to thank God, cause, according to the first paragraph, the company I'm doing internship in is seriously very hard to find. It is so good that most people will die wanting it. Perhaps I should really live out of my comfort zone..

PS: Work sucks~! Study rocks~! I have finally been forced to agree to that term. Anyway, I really wanna thank my Father (Mr Lee) as he has been doing so for the past 10 months. Working in Melaka and only coming back on weekends, I really have finally understood the kind of sacrifice my dad did in order to find income to feed me.. Really tough and at times depressing..
Love ya dad..

2 Donations to the Lounge:

Titus said...

Yo, man. You'll get use to it. No worries :)

小彭 said...

now u know uncle victor lee!