Thursday, November 13, 2008

FCC English Forum

Alright.. polls are closed.. before I talk more about this.. I would like to take this chance to talk more on.... BF... nope.. not boy friend.. not best friend.. it's BUILDING FUND~!!!

*this blog posts onwards are more applicable for FCC members.. actually, the entire blog posts is..*

Building Fund..

Why am I talking about it here? Cause.. I feel that I have to.. not entirely because the church needs money... not entirely because I'm a church leader, thus I'm carrying out my responsibility... but because.. I've got my personal sharing to make here...

Faith Christian Center.. for me.. is not just merely a church.. but a center where christians who have FAITH gather together... and faith needs to be tested from time to time.. and building fund.. is one great way to test our faith. I don't know about you who's reading this.. I'm a typical student with a rather tight and fix allowance.. only time I have extra money, is when I get my scholarship.. normally I would give a fix amount to building fund from my scholarship..

Last semester, I lost my scholarship.. and I was really prompted not to contribute towards building fund anymore.. but on one sunday, the Lord challenged me of an amount.. that is a huge chunk of my allowance.. I was reluctant at first, thinking I should give a smaller amount.. but the Lord reminds me of this.. "All things come from God, and of God's do we give Him.." Many times, the Lord tests.. and only faithful servant will be rewarded from the tests and tribulations.. Rarely is there a case where the Lord blesses first, before a step of faith is taken. The reason is simple. Hebrews 11:1 says " Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see".

Thus, this time around, I gave by faith.. not knowing how I would survive the month, not knowing, how I could get that one thing I really wanted.. (my birthday was around the corner).. In my own sane mind, I thought of skipping meals, and not getting anything for my ownself for birthday... but the Lord is always gracious..

First of all, my brother suddenly gave me money from time to time, without me even asking! I would come home discovering an amount of money on my table.. blessings from my brother, and God. Another thing is, I got a present for my birthday.. which is worth the amount I gave for building fund. And it did not come as it is, it came with accessories~! (if totalled up, the present itself exceeded the amount I gave!!)

I don't know if this sharing would encourage anyone of you reading out there.. but do remember... every contribution towards the building fund, is not for our own enjoyment.. but for the evangelistic ministry.. who knows who would be saved in FCC in the future? Perhaps, that one person who came to know Christ in church 20 years down the road will come up to you and say thank you to you, not for your money, not for your contribution, but for your act of faith..

PS: A great response has been obtained regarding the English FCC Forum.. but there's no use wanting it when no one is volunteering to moderate and manage it.. thus I need volunteers to help start it up as well as manage it for a long run.. before I can propose it to pastor..

2 Donations to the Lounge:

ๅฐๅฝญ said...

the chinese has one isnt it?

Bea said...

wah!!! building fund challenge through blog! geng! i'm encouraged by ur testimony =D let's expect great things from God, achieve greater things for God!