Wednesday, October 29, 2008

St Michael's

1 year spent in Labuan, I have to kiss the cheap liquor and chocs good bye... but I didn't end up in someplace that is terrible.. In fact, I ended at the Sabah food city.. or also known as Nature City, Sandakan..

Landing in Sandakan, I wanted to thank God for my parents for bringing me to Sunday School in St Michael's. After 1 year not attending church at all, I do admit I missed the sunday morning cartoons as well as sleep a lot.. (service starts at 7 am!!)

After sometime, I got friends in the church and started to develop the habit of not missing the church service.. (which is something I thank God for, you'll see why in next posts...) I attended Sunday School till Form 3.. haha.. yes.. Form 3.. but I want to thank God as I developed skills to lead people, as well as guitar skills due to Sunday School... They needed a guitarist, thus I was asked to be under training.. I also was exposed to dancing and acting at that time.. which I do enjoy and never regretted until now.. haha

I also was confirmed in St Michael's when I was 12 years old. Did not understand the meaning at that time, but I went cause all my friends are going for it.. And boy, it wasn't easy. We had to memorize the communion booklet.. not just the Lord's Prayer, but almost everything in it.. Am grateful that I had to do so.. cause knowing me.. if i was offered not to do so.. I would not.. haha..

Oh ya.. my first exposure to cell group was also in St Michael's.. I had to choose between Boys Brigade (BB) and Youth Cell (YC) at that time, and I actually chose the first. Only till the second meeting, I chose the latter, cause I hate discipline.. haha

On my first YC meeting, I was asked to be an intern for that YC itself.. yes.. but I was lazy, and never attended training or meeting at that time, as I was still unclear what an intern is all about... My YC years are good.. I still remember meeting at a place with no air cond, with no tiled floor, with no chairs.. but we just meet and sang... without guitar.. and it was enjoyable.. though we were not in a comfortable place, we enjoyed.. sometimes makes me ponder whether all this comfort is giving excuses for people not to appreciate the comfort they are receiving nowadays.. hm..

I also had my first carolling.. and it was great.. going from houses to houses to sing.. until midnight.. was just a fantastic experience for me..In a nutshell, St Michael's is the church where I experience a lot of "firsts".

PS: Last year's camp was at st mike's as well, and I also had a first.. in a sense.. at the same church.. first time slaugthering a chicken and scaling a fish!!! haha.. and I share the same birthday with St Mike.. haha!!

1 Donations to the Lounge:

garrylin said...

Aiks.. apa Babi sini babi sana? It's a biography as such.. hahaha... It's his testimony bah!