Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a Weekend

This weekend marks the restart of EPL, also known as Barclay's Premier League.
This weekend marks the final of the men's singles badminton for the Olympics.
This weekend marks the start of a school break.
This weekend marks the start of 3 different diocesan youth camps throughout Sabah.

Let's start with EPL. For those football lovers, this is your day. But personally, I'm not so keen. I didn't even know anything about this. I'm now just waiting for the restart of NBA season.. lol..

Speaking about badminton, the finals was a clash of titans, between world ranked number 1 Lin Dan and world ranked number 2, national ranked number 1, Lee Chong Wei. Prior to the match, I've seen lots of people wanting to watch the match and see Lee win, but after the trashing he received, lots of people say they are disappointed, and say that it's a waste of time. Makes me think, is it a must for them to win, or are the athletes there to try to win something and glorify Malaysia. Since when has it become a do or die condition for them? For those complaining, why don't YOU try to represent Malaysia to an international event... hmmm

For me, Lee really did try his best at times already. Credits for him for the Silver medal.

School break starts this weekend. Sadly Monash doesnt follow this timetable. So classes as usual.. Haiz... The diocesan youth camps (english, chinese and BM) kicks start soon, and sadly again, i'm not going to any.

Anyway, the highlight of this post is not any of those. Highlight is that I want to promote the blog of a SIAO member of FCC. He is as SIAO as me, thus I must let his presence be known. Without further delay. SIAO guy.

0 Donations to the Lounge: