Friday, June 27, 2008

Crossroads

I've come to lots of junctions in my life.. Yeah, almost everytime I drive, I'll come to a junction...


There are just so many types of junctions. T-junctions, crossroads, roundabout, a branching to the left, a branching to the right, etc...

Sometimes in life, I really don't know how to decide. Cruel thing about growing up is not the facts of life, the reality of the difficulty to strive in this life, but endless decision making scenarios that are sure to make you regret one way or another...

Victor Lee once said "Junctions in life are not like junctions on the road, you can easily make a 3 point turn if you took the wrong turning, but it might not be possible if you made the wrong decision."

Ok, I'm really confused. Why? Cause I'm quoting myself...

Alright, in life, I do struggle a lot. From the biggest decisions in life, to the smallest. From whether to be an engineer or lawyer, to whether to eat economy rice or chicken rice. From whether to compete in basketball competitions, to shooting or dribbling. Man, decisions are a never ending process!

Now, I'm considering whether to further my studies beyond what I am doing now or not. Now, I'm considering which ministry to prioritise. Now, I'm considering which ministries to take and which to let go. Now, I'm considering where to settle after I graduate. Now, I'm considering how to spend my holidays. Now, I'm considering whether I should become less hyper active. Now, I'm considering a lot of stuffs.

It's just hard when decisions made come back to haunt you. You thought you took a left turn, but it was actually a roundabout. It's hard when you reach a one-way T-junction. You can only choose either one, no turning back. It's hard when you are going straight, and are prompted with side turnings. You don't know whether the side turnings will lead to a better future, or going straight will.

Life..

PS: I know most of you will ask me to ask God and see what He says..

1 Donations to the Lounge:

Anonymous said...

Won't a one-way T-junction just go one way?

Oh and decisions are fun :)

And Rick's 25!!!