Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Brilliant Evening

Not long ago, I had posted that I've watched sunrise all by myself. Today, I got to watch sunset, but this time, thank God, I'm not watching by myself. I watched the romantic sunset with someone special to me. Someone who has always been there for me for the past 2 years in KL.

Stop guessing my friends, yes, her name is none other than Inokom Matrix.

I spent my evening washing my car, and it took me 2 hours 45 minutes.. Yeah, I used that much time just to wash my car..

First, I vacuumed it, then I wiped it clean interiorly, then I soak it in soap, after that I rinse it with water, and finally I wipe it. Took me from 5.15 pm to 8 pm. Crazily tired now.

The next time I see someone complaining that my car's dirty, I'm gonna invite that person to join me for my next car wash. It's gonna be a whole lot faster the next time i wash it. Hehe.

I realised one thing while I was cleaning my car up, the car has served me well these 2 years. As I was washing, I was thinking, without this car, I could not have had so much comfort. Not just me mates. Lots of people wouldn't have enjoyed it. From quick trips to church, to long distance travelling to airport, lots of people have enjoyed benefits from the car. So I am publicly thanking my car for all the 2 years of serving me and my friends. Imagine the car is a transformer, stands up one day and says this " What the heck. I've served you so hard and what do I get in return? Nothing!! Ngo Em Lou Le (I quit in cantonese)"

However, in this world, not everyone appreciates the car. You see, I've found tissues and wrappers in my car left there on purpose from people who thinks that my car's a rubbish car. The next time I get to know who he or she is, I'm gonna say this "Please don't enter my car. It's a rubbish car. It'll pollute you and downgrade you."

Sometimes, I do wonder. Why people don't appreciate cars. Transportation as a whole. I've been fetching and fetching, and I hate to be taken for granted. I believe all drivers do. Thus, I have a personal request to everyone who's being fetched by others. Not just me. Other drivers as well. Next time you get on a car, if there's a rubbish, help that person throw? Or just say a thanks the next time you get out? I dunno, I do say thanks everytime someone fetches me (except when my family does). And always remember, they have the right not fetch you anytime they want. You are not their boss. Keep this in mind.

Why am I bringing this up? The other day, I met a form 5 classmate from US, and we've been talking about courtesy as a whole. Why Malaysia fail and why other countries flourished. Well, courtesy is a big issue. Most of you might be blaming Indians. Worse still Malays? Well, stop blaming people, cause Chinese are to be blamed also. Just answer these simple questions. Do you hold the door for the person behind you? Do you smile when you see someone smiling back? Do you say thanks to the cashier when he or she is serving you? Do you feel thankful for the government? At least, there's no war in Malaysia. Do you clean the toilet after you use it? Just a simple wipe or flush will do at times. Do you tell your friends if you broke something at their place, or just keep it to yourself due to the fear of shame?

The list goes on and on. Well, this isn't an emo post, but just my thoughts. I'm striving to be more courteous this fasting season, and hopefully it'll develop as a habit. And yes, if you ask, I kind of say thanks to all the cashiers. Sometimes, it just makes their day.

PS: I won a cup in power soccer~!

3 Donations to the Lounge:

dele said...

Haha.. This is not an emo post.

u blamed chinese for being ermm.. chinese.. I terasa wei. I am chinese too and I don't think I am that bad. though I dont give a shit about the government..

garrylin said...

First of all! THANK GOD for giving you the car... of course thank you, Victor.. for always giving me ride... *sniff sniff* thank you~ You made me realised the importance of transportation ministry. People like Chris Tan, Daniel Ong and Samentha too! THANK YOU!!!

With regards to the attitude, i don't really think it's the race, it's individual's upbringing... Even so, many times we are taught to say THANK YOU, but do we really do it? In addition, some of the times, we say it but we don't mean it... What's the point? At the end of the day, it's ourselves. Changing the world begins with OUR SELF (I'm not saying you don't do it, just wanna point out my self at times taking people for granted)

So, please forgive me if i have 'messed' up your car and have troubled you at times~ THANK YOU once again~

Victor da Lee said...

haha.. this blog post not directed to adele nor garry
just.. feel like saying something like that so that when people read, they realize something..
i duno about you. for me, when i am too comfortable, i take things for granted, and i need reminders